Archive of Campaign Promises
To learn more about this archive, visit the Campaign Promises Archive index page
Jay LaSuer (R)
California State Assembly, District 77
These statements are shown exactly as they appeared at http://www.jaylasuer.org
in November 2000
Jay LaSuer on Education
"Although a number of bipartisan-sponsored education reforms have been passed
into law, too few of our high school students graduate proficient in the fundamentals
of reading, writing and math. Jay LaSuer believes we need to teach our students a
curriculum that emphasis the basics. Jay wants to continue reforming California's
schools to provide our children the education they deserve.
- Implementing teacher performance and competency testing to ensure our children
learn from the best teachers.
- Expanding charter schools.
- Implementing on a pilot project basis, school vouchers for inner city and economically
- Allowing local school districts to design core curricula standards emphasizing
the basics of reading, writing and math.
- Implementing 'merit pay' to provide economic incentives for teachers."
Jay LaSuer on Jobs and the Economy
"In nine years as a member of the La Mesa City Council Jay has never
voted for a tax increase! To preserve our growing economy, Jay can be counted on
to continue his commitment to lower taxes and eliminating wasteful spending.
- Expanding research and development tax credits to help create new
- Continuing to preserve and protect Proposition 13.
- Ending workers compensation fraud.
- Passing comprehensive tort reform legislation.
- Eliminating burdensome government regulations and streamlining the
- Protecting private property rights.
- Wiping out unfunded state mandates to local governments
- Eliminating wasteful government spending."
This page first published April 10, 2001 -- last updated April 10, 2001