Why should you support CVF?
We know voting is important, and as Californians with a tradition of direct democracy we have especially important choices to make when we vote.
CVF has fought to protect and improve the voting process, by:
- Outlawing paperless electronic voting in California
- Working to strengthen California’s election verification laws
- Enabling voters to follow the money and make informed voting decisions
- Ensuring voters are not automatically disenfranchised if they forget to sign their vote-by-mail ballot or their signature is challenged
Current priorities include:
- Promoting election security and participating in developing regulations for risk-limiting audits, a new post-election auditing method that California counties can utilize in 2020
- Monitoring and particiapting in the state's voting technology certification process
- Supporting legislation (SB 72) to advance equal treatment of voters by giving all Californians access to same-day registration opportunities at all voting sites on Election Day to reduce disenfranchisement and provisional balloting
CVF is a leading and trusted voice in the public arena and in the media, providing a valued, nonpartisan perspective on issues that matter to voters.
CVF has improved the way we get informed about elections by putting reliable, nonpartisan information online since 1994. We’ve helped voters look up their registration status, or vote-by-mail status online, 24 hours a day.
Today, www.calvoter.org is one of many great resources on the internet, and last year we launched a newly redesigned web site while continuing to offer voter resources like the California Online Voter Guide and Proposition Song music video.
Even more improvements are ahead for California voters. In 2020 our Presidential Primary is moved up to March to give Californians a greater say in selecting the nominees, and all voters in the state will be provided with postage-paid vote-by-mail ballot return envelopes - important reforms that CVF supported in the California Legislature.
All contributions to CVF, whether one-time or monthly via PayPal, are tax-deductible and greatly help support CVF’s budget.
Please donate today with your credit or debit card via PayPal, or by check, to: